Kwara to present N187.5bn revised budget

Get more connected to the real facts

Kwara State Executive Council on Wednesday approved the presentation of N187,531,705, 929.00 revised budget to the House of Assembly, with emphasis to be placed on ongoing capital projects and consistent payment of the new minimum wage across board.

The revised estimate represents a shortfall of N2,085,781,695, or 1.1%, from the approved 2022 budget of N189.6bn.

The council approval was given following a presentation of the estimates and performance of the approved budget by Commissioner of Finance Florence Olasumbo Oyeyemi.

The council meeting was chaired by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

Oyeyemi said 52.34% of the revised budget will go for recurrents, while capital expenditure will gulp the remaining 47.66%.

The Commissioner said the recurrent peaked partly to accommodate rise in personnel cost (such as full implementation of the minimum wage in the mainstream civil service, agencies and parastatals of the state government, including the Colleges of Education) and other overhead items.

The proposal is expected to be submitted to the parliament soon.

Hon. Bode Towoju
Commissioner for Communications
September 7, 2022

Please Post Your Comments & Reviews

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *